What is a PPE?
A personal protective equipment (PPE) is any equipment intended to protect the user against health or safety risks at work. It can include items such as safety helmets, gloves, eye protection, footwear, respiratory equipments, harnesses, etc.
How often do I have to check a PPE?
The user must regularly carry out a review after each use.
In addition, and according to current regulations, all Category III PPE's must pass a periodic inspection by the manufacturer or a person/company authorized by the manufacturer.
This inspection should be made by a competent person every 12 months.
We offer to our clients the inspection service in our facilities.
Which is the useful life of safety footwear?
The duration of safety footwear varies significantly depending on the care and the conditions of use. The expiration time is 10 years from the manufacture date (placed in the label that you can see in the tongue).
We recommend that you check it regularly and if you notice any damage, discard it.
Regularly clean your shoes
Change your socks and ventilate your shoes daily
Avoid high temperatures and humidity
Store it in a dry and ventilated area
¿How long do the respirator filters last?
The useful life of the filter depends on different factors: the user's respiration rate, the level of the contaminant, how long the user is exposed to the contaminant, environment conditions such us temperature and humidity, etc. Saturated or used filter cartridges will spill traces of the contaminant to the user, that can be detected by odor, taste and irritation. If a contaminant is detected, the filters must be changed immediately.
All particle filters, depending on the applications, include the following features in the instructions:
• Useful life of the filter
• Filtration efficiency
• Filtration resistance
• Operating temperature range
• Electrostatic charge to improve efficiency
• Filter washing capacity, with features of air flow recovery (ARC)
• Sound attenuation to reduce operating noise levels of machines
• Antimicrobial properties to provide protection agains bacteria and viruses
• Combined use with another filter element to improve the performance
• Elimination of particles of specific sizes. Pad and prefilters can prevent large particles while the pleat filters can prevent particles from 0,1 to 10 micron.
• Loading capacity for particles of specific sizes. The pad and prefilters can provide a higher load with larger size particles.
¿What kind of earmuff do I need?
In order to choose a suitable hearing protector, it is required a wide knowledge of the workplace and its environment.Tje choice must be carried out by a trained person and always in collaboration with the worker. For a good advice, check the table below:
¿Will the Regulation UE 2016/425, 21st April 2019, will affect to the PPE's that I am using?
The UE Regulation 2016/425 applies to the design and manufacturing requirements of PPE, and to the standards for it commercialization. Therefore, its application ends when the user acquires the PPE. Taking into account that it doesn't affect to the user, you should not carry out absolutely any kind of operation related to the PPE that you are already using, or on those that you have in your warehouse, for your use or for your workers.
The annual inspections previous to this Regulation, will not be affected neither.
¿When is the warranty excluded?
* Being out of time
* Normal wearing and tearing
* Modified or retouched product
* Because the serial number is not legible or does not have the corresponding identification label
* For another use not specified
* Due to oxidation or poor maintenance